LAYOUT

August 18, 2011

Oh Sweet Corn...

    How I love your sweetness.


Kevin and I went to St. David on Tuesday to take care of some business.  While we were there, we were able to go to my Grandpa Fenn's garden.  It's like a candy store but ONLY better.  There were cantaloupe, watermelons, sugar canes, and of course...CORN! I literally have to restrain myself from eating a TON of corn. The day consisted of me eating corn before I went to pick more corn, then had MORE corn for dinner. On the side note: the fruits weren't quite ready but they are just as AMAZING as the corn.  Hopefully I'll be able to enjoy it in a couple of weeks.  The downside of living 2 1/2 hours away.


My grandpa is known for his watermelon, I guess he just has the special touch to make it that much better. I can't wait for that sweet, juicy watermelon. I'm so grateful that he grows a garden every year so that his family (like me) can enjoy it. Someday I'll have my own garden...someday. 


 I shucked them and it's ready to be cooked for dinner.  We'll see if I let Kevin eat any. 

No comments:

Post a Comment