LAYOUT

November 14, 2010

Gratitude

Last night I was up late preparing some brownies and made a card for my ladies that I visit teach. I decided to teach gratitude since it was a month of Thanksgiving. I wanted to teach the lesson before we moved and it was my last chance in the Branch. We're sad to leave the deaf branch, especially since we are starting to make new friends and being more involved. And everyone was sad to see us go, they kept questioning if we had to go back to Arizona.  I'm so grateful to have been part of the deaf branch and to have met great people. They have been an example to Kevin and I. I'm grateful that he was called to be the clerk, and it hasn't been long, but I have seen the blessings from accepting the calling.


As I was thinking about what I had read in the recent Ensign, the conference talks, by President Monson. I pondered on how I needed to show/express more gratitude towards our Heavenly Father. President Monson said, "A grateful heart...comes through expressing gratitude to our Heavenly Father for His blessings and to those around us for all that they bring into our lives." I have so much to be grateful for: Kevin, eternal marriage, Kevin's new job starting, having a place to stay, transportation, family and my new family, friends, education, and so much more.  One of the sisters in the Branch mentioned how we shoudn't dwell on the negativity and focus on the postives things, and that remind us of the things that we do have.

No comments:

Post a Comment